In honor of the temperature dropping here in Texas I decided to update my skincare research. Different seasons mean different routines. The cold weather of winter treats your skin differently then the hot air of summer. With a few tweaks you can winter proof your […]
Today is Valentine’s Day and for those of you looking to splurge on either your significant other or yourself, here’s a list of my favorite restaurants local to Wichita. Wine Dive When I first found this place online, I was expecting a much fancier store […]
Did you know that February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day? I love the concept – but I think it’s a shame that we need to have a holiday for this when being kind should just be second nature to us all.
This entire week following up to the 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Week, so let’s all band together to do good and put smiles on others faces. Here are 31 random acts of kindness that you can do to help spread joy to those around you.
- Compliment someone that you don’t know – it can be on the smallest little detail about them, but they’ll really appreciate the fact that you said something nice to them.
- Send flowers to someone you love just because they take up space in your heart.
- Find a local charity and donate money toward their cause.
- Leave change on a wishing well and give someone a chance to make their own wishes.
- Write a hand-written letter to a long distance friend or relative. It’s so nice to get a letter in the mail and they’ll treasure what you’ve written them.
- Join in the movement to spread love and write a letter to a stranger to let them know that they are loved and that their life is full of meaning.
- Buy the meal of the people behind you in line at the fast-food restaurant that you go through or, if you’re feeling like spending a bit more, of the people in the booth or table behind you at a restaurant. Hopefully they’ll pass it on.
- Hold the elevator for someone that you see making their way down the hall (I always do this, because I hate when the elevator shuts just before I get there).
- Send a package to troops overseas – they’re serving our nation so it’s only fair that we give back to them.
- Leave post it notes on your coworkers desks with words of encouragement.
- Donate old clothes and other belongings you no longer want to a local charity or drive.
- If you live near your parents, make them a meal to show them how much you appreciate them.
- Clean up litter and trash around your workplace.
- Give your waiter or waitress a generous tip and make their night!
- Call your older or younger siblings to catch up and let them know how much you love them.
- Read to children at the library for storytime.
- Volunteer with organizations that make the world better day by day (like Austin Pets Alive! or Dress for Success).
- Bring in donuts for the office.
- Write a love note and hide it in your partner’s lunch box or a book they are reading.
- Let someone into your lane. They’re probably in a rush just like you.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person.
- Help out someone that you don’t like – they still deserve kindness, even if they aren’t your favorite people.
- Give shoutouts to your favorite social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Let someone borrow your pen and tell them to keep it when they try to return it.
- Smile at strangers when you walk past them on the road or in the hallway.
- Keep your bad attitude to yourself and don’t get mad at people when they do something that aggravates you.
- Giving a glowing recommendation to someone you know on LinkedIn or to a company that you have done business with.
- Let someone take your seat on the bus or other public transportation.
- Leave heads up pennies on the sidewalk for other people to find – spread the good luck!
- Make soup and a get-well package for someone you know who is sick and at home in bed.
- Be kind to yourself and don’t let yourself work too hard. You deserve to get a breath of fresh air from time to time.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to start this week with a whole bunch of kindness. If I’m not spreading joy, then I’m not doing this thing called life right.
What are some random acts of kindness that you do? Share your stories of when you were kind or when someone was kind to you!
P.S. You’re kind of awesome and I thought you should know that. I’m not just saying it to be kind. It’s true.
Living in the States we all know what comes to mind when I say Valentine’s day. Chocolates, a fat baby with wings, cards of love, and chalky hearts. But like I said that’s just for those of us in the States. What about those around […]
Valentine’s is a week away, but we can’t forget about our gal pals! February 13th is Galentine’s Day, so gather round your girlfriends and spoil each other with one or two (or all!) of the following Galenine’s Day ideas. 1. Take a class together. […]
Ah, February! The joys of love and pink outfits and heart everything. Even if you’re single and not ready to mingle, it’s easy to get into the holiday spirit and have a bit of fun with your outfits this month. And if you’re a little unsure of what you should wear for Valentine’s Day, there’s no reason to be concerned. That’s what we have Pinterest and Instagram for (duh!).
Here are a few of my fave style inspirations for this lovey dovey holiday. Hopefully they’ll inspire you as much as they inspired me!
This gorgeous sweater dress is so casual yet so cute! It’s totes perfect for any Valentine’s Day dates that aren’t at the fanciest restaurant in town.
Red and pink and ruffles ❤️💕 The perfect combo this time of year if you ask me! I have always believed that Valentine’s Day is not a corny Hallmark holiday at all. It’s a time to remember that love is at the center of all good things in this world. It doesn’t have to be for a significant other, it can be for family member, a pet, a friend, a stranger, or most importantly yourself 💗 One of my favorite fictional characters of all time, Carrie Bradshaw, once said “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous” and it’s a quote that has always stuck with me. I’ve always thought that loving the person you are is the first and most important step to feeling truly happy and complete, and when Valentine’s Day rolls around, there’s no better time to remember that 💕http://liketk.it/2urYC @liketoknow.it . . . . . . #nordygirl #charlestonblogger #southernstyle #valentinesday #southerngirl
Hilary is gorgeous as every in this pretty pink and red dress! It’s super cute and flattering and would be a stunning dress to wear for the big day.
This looks is up on the blog! Make sure to go check it out for details and where to find these pieces! I’m so in love with this romper!! • • • #fashionblogger #styleblogger #fashion #style #outfitoftheday #ootd #outfits #dress #romper #valentinesday #vday #vdayoutfit #valentinesdayoutfit #target #targetstyle #newontheblog
Everything about this dress is gorgeous – and it’s something that you can just wear whenever because you want to feel gorgeous in it. Need!
Um, yes a million times to this skirt! It’s totally flowy and gorgeous and perfect.
The most perfect top for Valentine’s, date nights and/or GNO’s. ❤️💃🏼 I mean, can we discuss these sleeves?! 😍😍 The back is just as fun, and did I mention it’s under-$70?! 🙌🏻 || Also, be sure to head over to Instastories to check out a fun little personal giveaway I’m hosting tonight! 🎉 || This top runs small, so I recommend sizing up. I am wearing a size Medium. http://liketk.it/2usSr @liketoknow.it #liketkit #LTKunder100 #LTKunder50 #LTKstyletip #valentinesstyle #datenightstyle || 📷. @heidiface
Not wanting to wear a dress but wanting to look super chic? This top is perf for you. It’s all lacey and delicate and just all around gorgeous.
All the ladies need a red dress that makes them feel like my favorite emoji 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🙋🏻❤️. I linked a bunch of dresses that are $20 and favorites in my profile shop my Instagram || http://liketk.it/2uph9 @liketoknow.it #liketkit || See the Red fringe number I’m wearing tonight! #bestreddress #ltkunder50 #ltksalealert #reddress #valentinesdaystyle #vdayoutfit
Honestly, this dress is just flawless. I’m in love with the ruffles and the traditional bright red that just makes this outfit stand out!
This is another casual but super chic look that you can wear all day long. I’d probably even wear that jacket every day.
Honestly, you can dress up no matter what – I never have an official date and I still get all fancied up and in the Valentine’s Day spirit. It honestly just a reason for me to be a bit more extravagant with my outfit. And you should know by now that I’m never going to complain about dressing up.
I’m still deciding what to wear this year, but I’m excited to share my final outfit! Keep an eye out on my Instagram (@saphmira) to see what I pull together.
Do you have any favorites from the Instagram picks I’ve shared? What are your Valentine’s day plans? Let me know down in the comments below!
P.S. Check out Meagan’s post on some great Valentine’s Day makeup looks that will make everyone stare at you in awe when you walk into the room.
I’m sure you’re familiar with the cheesy, inspirational posters teachers keep hanging on their walls. When I was in high school, they normally, they meant nothing to me and I gave them very little thought. But I was around 15 years old when I saw […]
New Year, New Me. Ipsy is here again to help us look flawless as we take on the world, to conquer all the challenges that get thrown our way. January’s theme is all about putting on a Game Face and crushing goals this year.
The bag this month is cute, but not something that I’ll likely use often just because it’s not my style. It’s super sporty – blue mesh combined with neon yellow and pink stripes down the center.
The goodies this month were nice to receive and are exactly what I would be looking for, but weren’t as super exciting as previous months.
I’ll be honest, I have never heard of Oribe before I got this goodie in my bag. I don’t often use dry shampoo but this is definitely one that I’d use to liven up my hair after a lazy day. Plus, it’s got a wonderful scent that lasts all day. Obvs, the one in the Ipsy bag is a sample size, but that just means it will be good for travel or taking on the go. Retail value is about $6.60.
I’ve come to terms with the fact that I will forever have a bag of black eyeliners as long as I’m on the Ipsy subscription. And honestly, that’s fine with me – I’m totally all about this liquid eyeliner and the smooth look once applied. Talk about some flawless cat eyes. I can’t think of anything better to have when taking on my New Years Resolutions. This was a full-size, which was nice! Retail value of $19.00.
Masks are life – and Charcoal Masks are my soul. Seriously, I swear charcoal masks have magic mixed into them to clear up your skin overnight. I haven’t had the opportunity to use this mask yet because I’m waiting for a special occasion, but I know already that it’s going to be absolutely wonderful. Retail value is $1.99.
First of all, I just absolutely love the sound of the brand name. Secondly, this liquid lipstick is just perfect! The color is to die for – and absolutely perfect for some subtle yet gorgeous looks while transitioning into spring. It’s not drying, which is definitely a nice perk, and is pretty long-lasting. Another full-size with a retail value of $6.
I love me a good shimmer, and this warm honey powder has just the right amount. Such a gorgeous glow! Its versatility is fantastic – it’s a pretty highlighter but it also looks really nice as an eyeshadow. I personally love using products like this on my lazy days, as highlighter and eyeshadow when I don’t want to go too crazy on eye colors. Retail value of about $2.80.
While these were pretty fab products, I wasn’t as excited about them as I could have been: the lip color that I received last month was pretty similar and I liked the application better, the dry shampoo probably won’t get used right away, and the eyeliner just adds to my growing collection. The value was on the lower side of what I’ve received in the past (about $36), but I know that I’ll love using everything that I got – which is the important part.
See any products that you’re just dying to try? Did you get anything different in your Ipsy Glam Bag? Share and let me know in the comments down below!
If you’re anything like me your face does not look like a china doll every morning. Thankfully there are ways to get that porcelain skin look by using different colors. Here’s a break down of the basic color correcting systems. Pink tones fights fatigued skin […]