I’m currently out on business travel, so my post may be shorter than normal and I apologize in advance.
I recently moved into a new position at work (yay!) and got the opportunity to visit my company’s headquarters to really define the process I will use in my new role (it’s a completely new job at the company).
While booking travel for work isn’t very different from booking it at any other time, here are a few tips:
- Pack enough work appropriate clothes for your trip, maybe something from White House | Black Market or New York & Co.
- Check to see if your company has special rates with hotels where you are visiting – these can really make a difference! You’ll usually have to call to get the rates.
- Plan your flights around your schedule – remember that you need to determine travel time from the airport to the office. You don’t want to be late to your meeting because of traffic or a delayed flight!
- Don’t forget your work laptop (if you have one) and a notebook. Plus any other work necessities you might need (varies depending on the job and company).
- Enjoy some of the trip! Find out what cool things may be nearby to check out – restaurants, historical sites, shopping, etc. Just because you are visiting for business doesn’t mean that you can’t have a little fun as well.
- Remember to pack your cell phone charger!
Have you traveled for business before? Any fun tips that you’d like to share? Feel free to share and comment below!