Since Inbetween Thoughts is heading to the beach soon for Meagan’s magnificent destination wedding, I’ve been looking at a few tips & hacks for beach trips (gotta be a little more prepared for the sun than I usually am).
Below are some of my favorites:
- Sunburns suck. Obvs. And while I enjoy my time out in the sun, I dread the more than a bit sun-kissed skin that comes with it. Luckily, there are multiple ways to naturally treat sunburns apart from aloe vera: probiotic yogurt, black tea, or honey. They should all help temporarily with the sting.
- Add a cork or some sort of flotation device to your keys in case you accidentally bring them with you into the ocean. This will help them float instead of sinking. But, also, just make sure you don’t bring your keys with you in bodies of water.
- Use cupcake liners to cover your drinks and prevent yourself from sipping on any wandering bugs or stray sand later on.
- Pack some baby powder – apparently it helps remove wet sand from your skin! This is a great hack for avoiding trying to get sand out of your car. It seems never leave once it’s there.
- Prepare your hair! Wear leave-in conditioner or try out this hack to make sure your hair stays in great condition!
- Love your summer scarves? You can turn beach cover ups into the cutest summer dresses! This is also a great tip that can help you save some money on getting an actual dress. Thank goodness swim cover ups are so convertible!
- Don’t forget your lips when preparing your skin for the sun – find a balm with some broad-spectrum sunscreen to help keep them healthy.
- Hide your valuables in something that people wouldn’t think to take – lotion bottles, pad wrappers, or even diapers!
- Definitely make sure to check out sites like HomeAway or AirBnB for your living accommodations while you are out. You can most likely found something that is equivalent or cheaper in cost to the hotels nearby, but get a place all to your own instead!
What’s your favorite beach hack? Got any of your own that you’d like to share? Comment below!