5 Common Hangover Cures that Will Get Your New Year Started Off Right
We made it! We’ve found our way to 2018, into another magical year that will have its own ups and downs – but hopefully turn out to be fantastic. And whether you’ve burned away the negative things from 2017 or started writing your new resolutions for this year, we’re all ready for some positive energy in the start of the year.
But first things first. We all know how fun that party was last night – and the pains of recovering from the bubbles and other alcoholic beverages that kept finding their way into our hands. If you’re working on getting over that hangover this morning, here are five cures that you should give a whirl in order to get started with the year on the right foot:
- Eat a good breakfast. Even if your stomach is feeling a little rebellious, it’ll be good to get some grub – it doesn’t even have to be that much. Find something full of minerals or proteins, like a piece of bread or a banana. The real stuff to help you out though? Something greasy and delicious, like bacon or a burger and fries.
- Take in some electrolytes. Grab yourself a Pedialyte or Gatorade, because your body needs to work on replacing all of the electrolytes that it lost while you were drinking. This will really help with your recuperation from all the partying.
- Take a shower. A cool shower will help wake up your senses the next morning and can really be helpful with getting you back to a good state of mind.
- Get in some extra zzzzs. It’s a good thing that today is usually a day off for the 9-5ers, because some extra sleep will do you some good if you have a hangover. The focus is to get your body to relax and recover. If you don’t get enough sleep, it could actually end up making your hangover worse – and nobody wants that.
- Take some red ginseng. Apparently, red gingseng clears alcohol byproducts from the blood. I think that’s pretty good for those trying to recover from their hangover. If you have this at home, definitely have some to help with your recovery.
I also always make sure I have some coconut water when I know that I’ll have a night of drinking – it really helps me out in getting rid of the hangover. What are some of the cure methods that you use after a night of partying? Let us know down below!